At last weeks Thames Triple Chaser (link below) it rained. It rained a little more and then rained ever so slightly more than the last bit of rain I mentioned. My waterproofs did their job incredibly well but my gloves, which I hasten to add in no way even suggested they were waterproof, were more like a sponge that anything else.
With lots of rides planned in the coming weeks and several all night rides, I decided that the time had come to get some waterproof gloves.
I cycled to a local cycling shop which had a vast amount of gloves to choose from. I tried on lots of pairs but opted for a pair of 'SealSkinz' waterproof gloves.
|The SealSkinnz Waterproof and Breathable Gloves.|
These gloves were not the least expensive but for me they looked the best and more importantly felt the most comfortable. They are also rather clever:
- Close Fitting inner that actively wicks sweat and moisture away from the skin.
- A waterproof and more importantly breathable membrane. This ensures that your hands are kept warm and dry. The clever breathable bit reduces sweat build-up by allowing moisture to travel from the skin, through the inner layer to the outer layer.
- A very touch and durable outer cover.
- They are thermal and have a thermal rating of 3 which is in the middle of the SealSkinz scale - 1 being the least and 5 being the highest.
- Pre-curved finger construction to make them more comfortable.
- Pressure point padding to provide comfort and support where needed.
- Silicone contact points which serves to increase grip.
- Extended stretch cuffs with velcro closure for a better fit.
- Lightweight with an excellent fit.
- All-round, all season gloves.
|They look pretty good to my eyes as well as being very functional.|
|That padding and silicone grip is excellent.|
They come in two other colours apart from the black that I bought, hi-vis yellow and red but I personally preferred the black. In fact they look so good one could wear them as a pair of gloves out and about rather than exclusively for cycling.
My cycle home was just over 6 miles and I used these gloves for that journey. It was cold and half snowing and raining for the entire journey and during the last 2 miles it was very heavy. These gloves i have to report are excellent! My hands were both warm and dry and the gloves looked very different to when I saw them in the shop. The waterproofing is quite brilliant. In addition to this my hands weren't clammy or sweaty.
I am glad I bought this brand and even happier that they are going to be coming with me on my all night ride in a few hours time. If they perform as well - which I suspect they will - at this event I will be even more pleased. If you are in the market for a pair of waterproof gloves make sure you check these out!
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment.