A few weeks ago I managed to place an order for a new Brompton in the quite wonderful and new 'Cloud Blue.' On Tuesday the box appeared and my new Brompton had arrived.
Ever since the 'Cloud Blue' was announced I have admired it from afar. Seeing one in the flesh was even better. It has a strange quality when photographed. Outside the colour is a subtle pastel blue-grey. Inside or in lower light it, it appears darker.
- 44T chainring
- Extended seat post
- Came with a Brooks Cambium but replaced with a Brooks C17 Cambium Carved
- Standard M-type bars replaced with a rider bar (but still might just go back to the original)
- Came with Schwalbe Marathon Racers but replaced with Continental Contact Urban tyres
- Brompton inner tubes replaced with Schwalbe AV4s
- Rear reflector replaced with Bush and Muller 2C rechargeable light/reflector
- Front carrier block - which I think now comes as standard
- Standard grips replaced with Brooks Cambium grips (but to be perfectly honest the standard Brompton grips are better and going back on again)
|Different colour, same moniker|
I was toying with the idea of putting on the spare hub dynamo wheel I have and front/rear dynamo lights however taking the bike for a couple of mini runs, I just like it as is. The option is of course there should I change my mind.