In addition to the reason I have written about the CTC website gives nine other reasons why you should join the CTC:
- Help encourage thousands more people to cycle and keep cycling
- Give cycling a louder voice – we campaign to promote cycling
- Be part of a 70,000 strong network that looks after cyclists
- Enjoy the support and inspiration of your local cycling community
- Access our expertise to help make your neighbourhood cycle-friendly
- Choose from thousands of free, diverse local rides
- Discover new routes – we have a vast library of them
- Take advantage of cycling advice by phone, email or on the forum. There aren’t many questions about cycling that we can’t answer
- Enjoy our award-winning magazine ‘Cycle’ six times a year
Their website (please click on the link below is excellent and provides lots of help and advice. One of the features I really like is the 'Near me' tab where you can find a CTC group near to where you live. In this way you can choose lots of rides to get involved in.
The benefit that I was referring to was that in a similar way to the London Cycling Campaigns 10% discount at Evans Cycle Stores on many items, the CTC has a similar arrangement with Wiggle, one of the biggest online cycling stores. I was surprised to see that CTC members can get up to 12% off many purchases. The website has a shop section where you can link straight to it. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
If you riding on a fairly regular basis it makes sense to have the protection of one of the oldest / respected cycling organisations behind you.